Thursday, November 20, 2008
Chelli's Baby Anxiety
Chelli has some anxieties about me when it's time to have the baby. It first came out when we told the little kids about me being pregnant. For FHE we had a little scavenger hunt where they followed clues and gathered boxes (which they all thought were full of prizes/presents) around the neighborhood. Which by the way Chelli took about 2 seconds to figure out every clue, little brat! After they had gathered all the boxes we sat them in the middle of the floor and let them each take a turn opening them. There was a bottle, a bib, a diaper, etc. Chelli and Shay were both throwing a fit because they expected there to be cool prizes/toys that were for them. Trent and I both had to start giving them clues because they were so confused. Finally Trent got the bottle and laid on the floor and acted like a baby (the harder I laughed the more frustrated and red faced Chelli got). FINALLY they guessed and the first thing Chelli did was start to cry (which made me cry), when I asked her why she was crying she said she didn't want me to get hurt. Well now it's 3 months later and Chelli is having the strangest dreams. Last week she told me that in her dream we were all at my parents house out in their shop and we were being attacked by indians (one too many of grandpas John Wayne movies if you ask me :)) And I was having the baby while we were being attacked. ?? A little weird didn't think much of it. Then this morning she told me she dreamed that we were all up on Diamond Mountain in a steep canyon. There was a big rock at the top of the canyon with a hole inside. Ya, I was having the baby in the rock.?? Aaaa, what's going on? Hopefully her imagination is getting the best of her. So now when it's actually time for me to go to the hospital, which is where I am having this baby, not in a rock and not while we are being attacked by indians, I'm going to have to reassure her that everything will be fine, I'm sure I'll even have to make some phone calls to check in with her. At least I know she's worried about me which must mean she loves me, because I'm accused of being the meanest mom in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh out of the mouth of babes. And if she thinks that you are the meanist mom then I would hate to think what she thinks about me. I thought that you were pretty nice.
Too cute! Your kids are so cute and I love your pictures! Thanks so much for coming to the open house. So good to see you! Keep in touch and your daughters dreams are just because she worries about you and loves you!
Post a Comment